Monday, June 7, 2010

postprom

so i've been biting my tongue about what i was wearing to prom so here it goes!
the dress is vintage circa 1990's, black velvet mini with caged neckline and rhinestones! i got it on valentines day for a whopping $18 at wasteland in santa monica! (i prefer the melrose location but it was a great find!) i bought it because i just liked it and then a couple weeks later after having not worn it i realized it was perfect! it fits like a glove and i just had to get it shortened a few inches!

so we had already seen my hair but it looked even better this time and the straight looked perfect! very vietnam with my military jacket that i wore to get it done.

i cant stand having my makeup done professionally because it never turns out how i want it too and im pretty handy so i went shopping a week before and got a light studio fix foundation by mac, a gold base and honey lust (i think?) powder, and some relatively natural looking lashes! i kept the cat eye short and simple and only wore eyeliner under my upper lids. my mom whipped out her vintage jewelry and let me wear these vintage diamonds that were my grandmothers. love! she also gave me to wear her charm bracelet from 1965 and engraved gold earrings that were also my grandmothers from the 50s

finally, shoes! so Connor and I are about the same height so heels were out of the question, but who can complain about glittered creepers!! i got them at posers for a pretty penny but definitely worth it because i plan on wearing them forever and ever! and please note the perfection of Connors outfit! although he wanted to wear a bolo tie (gag) we settled on this vintage western shirt with a black bowtie. love you

i discussed girdles before, and they are the perfect solution for bodyslimmers, because let's face it spanx are just not appealing. both haile and i ordered ours off of girdlebound.com and were extremely happy! disregard the weirdness of this picture i felt it was important to mention haha for my nails, which i didnt get a picture of i did mad as a hatter on my right hand and then a purple and brown cheetah print for my left. worn with my burgundy watch cover. thats all for now! my sister took a lot of film pictures that she's going to print in our new dark room along with some other stuff she's shot of me so i will put those up when i can!

1 comment: